Sun, Mar 24|
the Yoga of Food + Body Respect
Recover your relationship with food and your body in this unique Yoga Therapy workshop. This is an online workshop offered on Zoom.
Time & Location
Mar 24, 2024, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Long Beach, 3700 E Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA 90804, USA
About the event
- Are you tired of struggling with your body and fighting with food?
- Are you confused by what foods are "good for you" or "bad for you" because it seems to keep changing?
- Do you feel guilty or shameful when you eat "too much" or foods you shouldn't be eating?
- Do you ever feel “out of control” around food?
- Do diets just not work for you anymore?
- Do you “eat emotionally”?
- Do you do “really good” with food until the end of the day?
- Do you often find yourself with a “last supper” mentality before the diet or cleanse starts tomorrow?
Are you ready end the struggle and have peace around food and freedom in your body?
This is the workshop for you.
The Yoga of Food & Body Respect:
An 8-week journey to recover your relationship
with food and your body, with Aimee Echo
Sundays @ 11am-12:30pm
January 28th - March 24th
Join Aimee for a unique fusion of Yoga Therapy and Intuitive Eating principles in this immersive 8-week workshop - The Yoga of Food and Body Respect - utilizing āsana, breath work, meditation and Yoga philosophy as tools specifically focused on healing your relationship with food and your body.
What to Expect:
Aimee will meet privately with each participant before the start of the workshop to discuss their personal history and needs.
Please enroll by Jan 21st, 2024 to book your private session.
- Nervous System Regulation:
Each session will begin with a gentle Yoga practice to give you new tools for reducing anxiety and nervous system regulation.
In these practices there will be a focus on developing trust and awareness of our body’s needs and cues.
- Emotional Freedom:
Each session includes Yoga philosophy, discussions and coaching to help uncover and work through the underlying causes of emotional attachment to certain ways of eating and exercising.
- Gentle Nutrition:
We will focus on intuitive AND intentional eating through a Yogic lens, reclaiming the ability to nourish your body in a way that feels practical, balanced and sustainable.
Through these affirming yoga practices, guided meditations, discussions and coaching, you will develop self care and respect in your relationship with your body.
- Community and Support: We are in this together! There is an optional WhatsApp group to encourage community and support in between sessions.
Due to the sensitive nature of the topics and the individual sessions required, this workshop will be limited to 10 people.
Please email Aimee by January 21st to enroll and to schedule your private session!
Aimee Echo is the owner and primary teacher at Community Yoga Club & Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach. With over 24 years of Yoga experience, she is an SYC/KPJAYI Authorized Level 2 Ashtanga Yoga Teacher, IIN Certified Health & Nutrition Coach, Certified Weight Neutral & Diet Recovery Coach, Certified Massage Therapist and Singer/Songwriter in her band TheSTART.