Mon, Sep 13|
Fall Reset & Restore
Good health starts in the gut! Follow along with Aimee and Valerie in this 1 1/2-week digestive reset to kickstart your wellness as we move into Fall.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT – Sep 29, 2021, 6:00 PM PDT
Long Beach, 3700 E Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA 90804, USA
About the event
Event Description: Our bodies are powerful machines. We have the power to turn outside substances into forms of nourishment, to filter out toxins, to fight off illness, and heal injuries. However, this all rides on us having a well-maintained machine. Follow along with us in this Fall Digestive Reset using the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda to give our bodies a chance to rest and digest. Recipes, instructions, and daily email support will be provided to help you stay on track, while sessions in the beginning and end provide a space for questions, reflection, and connection. This reset is gentle on the body and the guidelines will provide plenty of flexibility and options for different dietary preferences and levels of intensity.
- Introductory workshop, 10 days of daily support emails with recipes, reflections, and information, and a Regroup and Reintegrate Session
- Discounted optional one-on-one coaching sessions with Valerie or Aimee - more details coming soon!
September 13th at 5pm PT: Introductory Workshop - (1 hr on Zoom/in-person)
- Participants meet with us virtually online to kickstart our week. We will go over basic principles of Ayurvedic self-care and healthy eating guidelines, as well as the parameters for the rest of the week.
September 20th: Kickoff (includes 1 hr Zoom/in-person)
September 20 - 29th: Follow the Cleanse
- For the next ten days, you will follow the guidelines provided. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes and suggestions will be provided.
September 27th: Regroup & Reintegrate (1 hr on Zoom/in-person)
- We will meet to wrap up the end of the reset and discuss how to best reintegrate back into our regular lives and diets. Particpants will be given the chance to also reflect on their experience.
About Aimee, Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach: Aimee has since been a dedicated student of R. Sharath Jois and returns regularly to India for intensive study with him. In 2010, Aimee received Sharath’s blessing to teach and is Authorized Level 2. She had the privilege to assist Sharath in the main shala at KPJAYI in 2012 and again in 2016. An avid philosophy student, she began ongoing study of the Yoga Sutras with long-time TKV Desikachar student, Chase Bossart in 2015. Aimee is the owner, director, and primary teacher at Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach. She is the only KPJAYI Authorized Ashtanga Yoga teacher in Long Beach, CA.
Valerie Hwang, Intrepid Ayurveda: Valerie is the owner of Intrepid Ayurveda and is an Ayurvedic Health Counselor certified by the California College of Ayurveda. She is also a dedicated student of Ashtanga Yoga with Aimee and has experienced that through the proper practice of yoga and Ayurveda combined, deep healing and a healthy balance in life can be achieved.
Participants are responsible for gathering their own materials:
- Ingredients for Kitchari (A convenient kit by Banyan Botanicals can be ordered here)*
- Ingredients for optional recipes - more information will be provided at the Info session on September 20th.
*A limited supply of kitchari spice mix can be purchased directly from Valerie (by pickup only) - please inquire directly.
We're very excited to bring this program to our community and beyond. Feel free to e-mail email@example.com with any questions have about the week. Thank you and we look forward to having you with us!